Wednesday, March 2, 2016

I Need a Drink...

A special drink.  A treat.  Usually it’s the freedom of a summer schedule that makes my taste buds sing out.  Joy!  Release! Fanta Orange! Vanilla Coke!  

But today is no harbinger of summer, or even Spring Break.  It’s Day Two of the Slice of Life.  A special event calls for that certain something.  Something to add spice to the slice.  This treat for the tongue doesn’t shout.  It murmurs...write, mull, read, contemplate...hot cocoa.  A Ghirardelli concoction that swirls among the thoughts of the day.  

5 comments:

  1. Love the swirls among the thoughts. Going to get a Dove chocolate now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to adding "spice to the slice!" Congrats on day 2! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "spice to the slice" line! And the contrast between the short sentences of summer at the start and the lingering sentences that swirl and mull their way to your hot cocoa induced slice create a great pace to your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing reminds me of Dr. Seuss. I felt the quick pace of excitement in the beginning and the warm comfy slow down. I really enjoyed reading this part! A special event calls for that certain something. "Something to add spice to the slice. This treat for the tongue doesn’t shout. It murmurs...write, mull, read, contemplate" I read it several times silently and then aloud...I like it's rhythm.

    ReplyDelete